Thursday, June 21, 2012

Explosive Big Bass Action

Right now I am in a Junior Guards program. It takes place five days a week for five weeks. During that time I have to swim to the end of piers and run dozens of miles. What does this mean for my fishing? It means,  I cannot fish!   I am either too tired or I do not have enough time. So now I am relying on other people like CC to supply me with fish to put into my blog.

CC (carnivorous crank bait) has been hitting Boronda lake almost every day. There was eventually a period of warm spells in Palo Alto. At the tail end of the warmer weather CC put some quality time into fishing with his KVD shallow-diving crank bait. His reward was a five-pound fish and a three-pound fish on the first day. Elated, he went home and came back to Boronda. At the end of the day he held a four-pound bass in his hands. After some conversation, I found out what he was using. His reel was spooled with twelve pound test, and he was using a shock rod. The lake had occasional gusts of wind blowing across it, but it was usually placid. Temperatures were about 76 degrees. Lake visibility was about six feet.

Five-pound bass caught on KVD crankbait
Three-pound bass
Four-pound bass

Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment