Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Three Generation of Fishermen



After CC's success my father and grandfather decided to try to catch a trout at lake McAlpine. The lake is located near Santa Cruz. Unfortunately, fishermen have to pay twenty dollars per person to get in. In the morning (7:00 A.M.) it was quite chilly, and a low fog hung over the entire area. I was looking to catch a bass, but had made it no farther than twenty feet when I heard my grandpa shouting. A minute later I netted a trout.  That was the first trout my dad and I had ever caught at Lake McAlpine. We had gone four times before and gotten skunked. Back to the trout. After we put the trout on a stringer the fog burned off. This killed the trout bite. My grandpa, dad, and me (three generations) walked around the lake fishing for bluegill. Hours later we had a combined total of 110 bluegill. I had caught seventy, my dad had caught thirty, and my grandpa had caught 10. All in all it was a good day of bluegill and trout fishing. 

Location: 900 Anzar Rd, San Juan Bautista, CA 95045, USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment