Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fishermen make Friends

This happy fisherman (CC) pulled in a hefty 3.5 pound largemouth bass at Boronda Lake in Palo Alto
Fishing is all about the experiences you have during your adventure. Last night I was treated to an amazing dinner with some of my best fishing buddies. We talked and ate and ate and ate... and then I ate some more. The reason we were eating so much, fishing! As some of you may figure out in the future, fishing is not catching. Quite often you sit at the side of a lake for eight hours and catch nothing. However, I feel enjoying the scenery, and the company of others is more than enough. A fish is just a bonus. It does help to be full of warm, yummy food.

Yesterday was one of those days when the conditions were aligned just right, and success greeted us. When we got to the lake there were three people in the car. Me, my dad, and our friend, CC (carnivorous crank bait) all stepped out ready for action. The lake was a glassy surface, that reflected the hills. A light gust of wind would occasionally stir up the water and the cool air of the evening had the bass jumping. I went on ahead to scout for fish, while CC tied on a KVD shallow-diving crank bait. When I came back to check on him, I was surprised to see a massive bend in his Shock rod. After a vicious tussle, CC coaxed the 3.5 pound bass into the waiting net. We continued fishing.
After I caught a much smaller bass, our entourage piled into the van, and left the lake just as the sun passed over the grass covered hills. Back at the house we were greeted with cake and refreshments, as we sat around the table talking about CC's success.
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment